Your donation will help pay for medical and surgical supplies and equipment for the mission, medications, and hospital expenses such as the use of oxygen, medications, and surgical gowns/boots/masks. It could also help CAMTA sponsor another SIGN Nail project or fill a container of medical and surgical supplies to donate to our host hospital in Quito.
Here’s what your generosity could buy:
- $50 is all it costs for the sutures needed for a child’s club foot operation.
- $100 will pay for medications needed before, during and after a child or adult’s surgery, including vitamins to take home from the hospital.
- $250 buys the hardware to secure a dislocated hip.
- $1,000 provides a supply of SIGN nails for a hospital in rural Ecuador. The SIGN nail surgical instrument system enables doctors in small remote hospitals to treat broken legs quickly, effectively and economically. CAMTA has donated the equipment and training for three SIGN Nail systems in Ecuador to date and continues to support these programs
- $2,000 – 3,000 purchases the components needed for a total hip replacement.
- $5,000 could sponsor an early treatment program for babies with club feet or dislocated hips in a remote area of Ecuador.
- $12,000 pays to ship a 40-foot container full of donated hospital equipment to our host hospital in Ecuador.
- $20,000 – $25,000 purchases a SIGN nail system for fracture care to a rural hospital in Ecuador. This includes the instruments and a full range of nail sizes to treat broken legs, plus training for surgeons in its use.
CAMTA is a registered charity. We issue tax receipts for donations of $20.00 or more.
CAMTA’s 2019 budget is $500,000.00. Please support us with a donation now!